Published on March 4th, 20140
5 amazing advanced wireless form features
But, beyond the basic business process improvement of replacing paper forms with mobile forms, what are the other capabilities that a mobile solution should offer? Many businesses have made the switch from paper forms to mobile forms, but are they getting the most out of this commitment to mobile deployment?
Here are our top five advanced wireless form features:
5. Diverse Captures: Capturing signatures, photos (including being able to sketch on top of a photo and integrate it into a form) and bar/QR codes with smartphones and tablets is paramount. Taking it to another level, you can throw in voice-to-text as another type of form data capture that is a time-saver.
4. Time and GPS Stamps: Now more than ever, office managers have the ability to hold field workers accountable and provide proof of service to customers. A trusted mobile form solution should be able to record the time and geo-location of a filled out wireless form. These features enforce form accuracy and allow firms to have a strong logistical trail for all on-the-go activities.
3. Custom form building: Not all companies function the same. So why should they be made to use the same type of form? Your mobile form solution of choice should allow you to create customizable forms that can collect any type of data. Whether it’s an oil rig safety checklist or a company-specific timesheet, in order to truly maximize the idea of wireless forms, you have to be able to a) make the form as comprehensive as possible, and b) make the form as simple as possible. Only you know what your company needs. So you should have the ability to design your forms accordingly.
2. Connectivity flexibility: So you’ve collected all of the data from the job site. Great, now what? If you’re using the right mobile solution, you should be able to send data to literally as many destinations as possible. For example, your company might want wireless work order form details submitted to the back office system, while your customer may want the data to be sent to a shared Dropbox, Box, Google Drive or SharePoint folder. Or, maybe you just need to alert team members as soon as a particular form is submitted. In that case, you might just need a notification sent via email or even SMS. The right mobile solution will be able to offer you all of these possibilities, and more.
1. Data Sources: We could have chosen any number of other mobile form solution features and functions to highlight. But we’ve decided to mention this one. If the purpose of deploying a mobile form solution is to equip the field worker with the best tools and most information to get the job done right, then data sources has to be on this list. Your mobile form solution of choice should offer the ability to retrieve the latest customer information, schedules, parts numbers and pricing right on the device. This alone will save multiple calls back to the office. Regularly updated data sources on a device helps to take the guess work out of field data collection, putting the emphasis on accurate results.
So there you have it. If your current mobile form solution of choice doesn’t offer all of these features and functions, then you’re not being as productive you could be.
For more information on ProntoForms, mobile form solution, contact us today on 03332 400800 or email email@example.com.