Published on September 19th, 20130
How to install iOS 7
Make sure your phone is compatible with the new update:
iPod Touch 5 generation 16/32/64 GB
iPad with retina display
There are two methods to download iOS – via iTunes or over the air.
Over the air
Before you start ensure you back up your iPhone using iCloud (Settings > iCloud > Backup and Storage >Backup now) and make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network. Also, it is probably a good idea to connect your phone to a power source whilst updating.
1. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and Click the ‘Download and Install’ under the iOS 7 software details.
2. After selecting ‘Download and Install’, you will be asked to agree to Apple’s terms and conditions. iOS 7 will then start to download and indicate how long the download will take using a progress bar and minute countdown. Once the install is complete, your phone will then restart, which could take a while to start up again but when it does you will be using iOS 7 immediately.
3. Slide to configure iOS 7. Follow the steps to set up:
1. It may be faster for you to update via iTunes than over the air, but first ensure that your iTunes has been updated to the latest software. To do this, Open iTunes and click ‘iTunes’, then select ‘Check for updates’ and install the latest version. Once iTunes is up to date, connect your iOS device, click on your device in the upper-right corner of iTunes and then click the Update button.
2. A pop up will appear, alerting you that a new iOS version is available for your device. Click ‘Download and Update’
3. You can now monitor the progress of the download in the status window at the top of iTunes. Keep your device connected to your computer until your device restarts. After restarting, your device will greet you in any number of languages by the blinding white iOS 7 setup screen.
Photo by: zennie62/Flickr