Published on February 25th, 20140
Quick guide to dispatching forms & data to mobile devices
When setting up a mobile business process strategy, it’s imperative to have two-way data communication as part of the equation. In other words, while it’s certainly critical to be able to collect data in the field and be able to submit it the back office or other data destinations, Administrators should also have the ability to push/send data to a field user’s device as well. That’s where ProntoForms Dispatch comes in.
Dispatch is used to direct specific forms (tasks) to individual users responsible for execution in the field. A dispatched form to a mobile user can contain pre-filled information (ex. job location or contact information), and can also save additional data entry from the user.
Moreover, by taking advantage of the dispatch destination (see below), users also have the ability to forward a form to another ProntoForms mobile user. Whether it’s to secure manager approval or to assign an additional task to another user, ProntoForms Dispatch allows for industry-leading data communication and collaboration.
With ProntoForms, there are three methods of moving forms to users within your mobile business process(es).
- Dispatch from the ProntoForms Web Portal: Use the portal’s user-friendly dispatch interface to dispatch to a single user, or use the CSV file that is customized to your form to dispatch to multiple users at once
- Dispatch through the REST API: Use the API to automate dispatching from your back-office systems direct to your mobile workforce
- Dispatch through the Dispatch Data Destination: Dispatch forms to users on the go from a mobile form, with no CSV files to upload
Defining Dispatch roles and components
Mobile Device User – Specified user receives a fully or partially completed form (pre-filled information related to any element of the form). Examples:
- Task/assignment to be completed, customer information, locations, etc.
- Read only or editable form data (administrator defined and configured)
- Push notification automatically sent to assigned user
Administrator/Office System – This can be pre-configured to dictate terms of mobile user acceptance:
- Mandatory acceptance by the user
- Acceptance/rejection by the user
- Date and time of dispatch
- Acknowledgement by user of acceptance or rejection