Published on July 24th, 20130
Turn your Photo Stream album into a public website for sharing!
You can turn your Photo Stream on your iPhone or iPad into a public website, allowing you to share your photos with family and friends via the internet – all you need is the link!
Here’s how you can do it:
1. First of all you need an iCloud account to enable this feature so if you do not have one, you will need to set one up first. Once you have an iCloud account, you need to make sure that the Photo Stream options are turned on. To do this go to Settings > iCloud > Photo Stream
2. Once these settings have been enabled, you will then need to create a Photo Stream Album:
Go to the Photos app > select Photo Stream > Press the ‘+’ sign in the top left corner
4. Ignore the “To:” field, give the album a name and ensure that the switch for Public website is turned on. Now select ‘Create’ to build your album – now its time to add the photos!
5. To add photos to a Photo Stream album:
Select the Album name > Tap Edit > Select the Add button in the lower menu > Pick out the photos you wish to add > Press Done
6. Once you have added all the photos you need to, you can now share the album through a public website:
Go to Photo Stream > Select the blue arrow on right of the album listed > Make sure the ‘Public Website’ switch is on > Tap Share link to send the link to this album via email, Facebook, Twitter, text or copy it to your iPhone’s Clipboard.
The main Photo Stream page lists the albums as thumbnails so there is no blue arrow to select, instead:
Tap Edit in top right corner > Select the album you wish to share > Make sure ‘Public Website’ switch is on > Press Share link and choose from the various sharing methods.
This is how your public website will look through the link you send out:
Photo by: Hernanfr95/Flickr